The Connections Certification Process
All professionals seeking certification to become a Certified Connections Facilitator (CCF) will be required to complete the following:
- 3-day Connections Curriculum National Training facilitated by Brené Brown with co-facilitators, Robert Hilliker and Eric Williams. ($1250)
- Purchase of the current version of the Connections Curriculum ($209)
- 3-day Weekend Intensive offering candidates the opportunity to work through the Connections Curriculum from a psychoeducational perspective. This process fosters the clinical skills necessary to facilitate the curriculum in a therapeutic setting. It also allows candidates to explore their role in the facilitation process. ($1200). All Weekend Intensives are co-facilitated by Robert Hilliker and Eric Williams.
Candidates can choose to complete a 6-week Online Intensive. This is an option we are making available in order to increase accessibility while still maintaining rigorous training standards. Starting in Early September 2012 we will offer our first e-course that can be used towards certification. The course will be conducted by Brené Brown with co-facilitators, Robert Hilliker and Eric Williams. Participants will pay $400 for the online intensive course and during the process of completing the course they will be required to have two course consults at $100/each with a Certified Connections Facilitator-Consultant (CCF-C) to discuss how their work in the online intensive course is progressing. The course will cost a total of $600.
- Completion of 10 hours of case consultation with a Certified Connections Facilitator-Consultant (CCF-C). Please note that consultations can be completed over the phone or via Skype if a consultant is not available in your area. (Average cost $150/hour. Fee varies and is set by individual case consultants
Those interested in pursuing the Certification should read the Requirements and Guidelines & Eligibility documents below before completing the Candidate Application. The Candidate Application should be printed, completed, and mailed to P.O. Box 272134 Houston, Texas 77277-2134 with a non-refindable application fee of $75.00. Checks and money orders should be made out to Connections Curriculum, LLC. Also a copy of your current professional license and liability policy should be incuded.
Connections Curriculum, LLC is:
Approved CEU provider for NASW, NBCC, TSBSWE, TSBEMFT, TSBEPC, TCBAP, NAADAC, and ICF.
Fifteen (15) hours of continuing education will be available through the 3-day Connections National Training, which includes three (3) hours of Ethics.
Connections Certification, LLC maintains responsibility for the program and its content.
Other Important Info About Certification
- Before attending or completing the intensive portion of the certification process the Candidate must read the Requirements and Guidelines for Certification and complete Candidate Application with $75 non-refundable application fee. Candidate may register for the intensive portion only once they receive an approval from the Connections Certificaiton team.
- The completion of the certification process can be done no sooner than 12 months and must be completed within 24 months of starting certification.
- Candidates for certification must have the appropriate licensure to do psycho-educational work with groups and/or individuals, as dictated by their accrediting entity.
- Candidates may be required to complete additional case consultation if deemed necessary by their CCF-C before receiving full certification.
- Average total cost for certification can range depending on whether candidates select the online intensive course option or the weekend intensive retreat. Total cost to complete certification may also vary due to individual costs for case consultation and if additional consultation is indicated.
Get Connections Certification Updates!
If you want to be notified when registration opens for Intensive Retreats and Trainings, or you'd like to stay updated on the Connections Certification Process, please join our mailing list. You can find the form on the upper right hand side of your screen! We don't share this information with anyone and we send a limited number of notifications.